Thursday 1 September 2011

Is It The End My Friend?

Gerrard Slams One Home Against Rivals Everton.
As a young boy when I woke up, I wouldn't turn on the cartoons, I would flick to SBS to watch the Champions League games when Liverpool was a force and Steven Gerrard would be a frequent character and star in the plot.




I miss seeing those old school ' Gerrard Bombs ' hit from 25 yards plus. Another memory, I have was watching Sports Tonight way way past my bedtime and more often than not the Premier League would be on at the end,  and again. I would see Gerrard do breathtaking things with the ball be it dead or in play, I miss seeing the goal keeper cautiously set his wall up inch perfect and then be left flailing to the other side of the goal just for the Liverpool skipper to run to the corner and slide on his knees, arms out to the roaring Anfield crowd.

But sadly in recent years Gerrard seems to have gone missing and when he has emerged, it's been for all the wrong reasons be it pub brawls or a new injury it certainly has been far from needed, and with him only playing 21 games last year and being far from a standout its left me and indeed others wondering have we seen the best of Gerrard and am I to expect a lower standard or any standard at all?

With the Liverpool side thriving under the reign of the new boss Kenny Dalglish with new signings, a strong end to the 2010-11 Campaign and a strong start to the new 2011-12 campaign it looks as though the team may be settled with some young players performing such as Jordan Henderson & Stewart Downing it might be a challenge for Gerrard to get back into the midfield he once owned.


Personally, I hope to see Gerrard  back at his best scoring goals and exciting fans all over the world, but even if he doesn't, what a career he has had and One thing is for sure, at Anfield and on the red side of Merseyside is that Gerrard will never walk alone and will always have a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment